Malaysian brands have also become part of our local hero as support and aid surmount to millions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
An online survey run by Vase.ai involving a thousand eighty-three Malaysians throughout the country reflect the top 10 brands consumers take notice of during these challenging times.
In an open-ended question,1,083 Malaysians were asked to list all the brands they felt which had shown genuine care for consumers during this COVID-19 pandemic.
This report details the top 10 brands which were mentioned the most by the respondents.
An additional 5 special mentioned brands which were also acknowledged by Malaysian consumers for their efforts, are listed.
The survey was participated by Vase.ai’ propriety panelist recruited via GetVase.Com.
Key takeaways from 1,083 Malaysians on support and initiatives by local brands:
- Brands that were noticed for their initatiives in the earlier stages of the COVID-19 MCO period are largely telecommunication brands.
- Health & Beauty category brands aided in debunking myths surrounding COVID-19. These brands shared quality educational content to promote awareness amongst Malaysians.
- Entertainment brands offered promotional packages and content for free access during the MCO and CMCO periods.
- FMCG brands donate millions in funds to help the needy and frontliners tackle the COVID-19 outbreak.
These Top 10 brands were recognized for their support:
- Digi Offered Free Internet Data & Perks for Businesses
- Celcom Offers Extended Unlimited Internet Access & Payment Periods on Bills
- Maxis initiated #KitaSapotKita to encourage Malaysians to support one another and local businesses through trying times
- Dettol Debunks COVID-19 Myths With the Myth VS Truth Series
- U Mobile joinsthe fight against COVID-19 by providing consumers with Free Internet Data,Enhances their coverage and Partners with Local Artists & Businesses
- Unifi Provides Complimentary Channels on UnifiTV, launches E-Bazar, Mobile Student Packs and Internet Data Support Packages
- Gardenia Allocates RM1 Million for COVID-19 Aid
- Astro Offers Complimentary viewing to all Malaysians
- Shopee initiates the MMA COVID-19 Fund to Donate and Support Malaysia’s Medical Frontliners
- 1Grab Supports Local Heroes and Ensures Partners are taking Optimum Safety Precautions
These brands were also essential in tackling and supporting the pandemic:
- Nestlé partners with Malaysian Red Crescent Society, donating RM15 Million to tackle the COVID-19 outbreak
- Watsons Malaysia contributes products & supplies to hospitals & healthcare frontliners
- Ayam Brand delivered 9,600 Ready To Eat Ayam Brand products to frontliners at Hospital Sungai Buloh
- McDonald’s Malaysia donates RM250,000 in cash to the Ministry of Health (MOH)
- Lifebuoy Malaysia shares COVID-19 FAQs and Myths & Facts to Educate Malaysians
- Vase.ai Shares Actionable Consumer Insights on Consumer Behaviour Changes Amidst COVID-19
Full report can be found here.